Written on Modified on
SIEMENS MOBILITY RECEIVES ORDER FROM ÖBB FOR AN ADDITIONAL 27 MODERN ELECTRIC TRAINSETS
With this order, ÖBB is continuing to renew its fleet and investing in modern trains for inner-Alpine transport.
ÖBB previously ordered 246 Desiro ML trainsets and over 200 of them are already in service throughout Austria.
“Our Desiro ML trains are especially popular with passengers as well as rail operators,” said Albrecht Neumann, CEO Rolling Stock at Siemens Mobility. “This order for 27 additional Desiro ML trains brings the Siemens fleet in Austria to a total of over 270. We are delighted that ÖBB is continuing to choose our Desiro ML for the modernization of its fleet.”
The new trains will offer even more space, comfort and convenience on inner-Alpine routes when they enter service in 2025. This will make it even more attractive for passengers and commuters to switch from private transport to rail.
- Details of the new train planned for inner-Alpine service:
- Maximum speed: 160 km/h
- Train length: 75 m (three-car trainset)
- Seating capacity: around 220
- Spaces for bicycles: up to 24
- Access doors per side: 6
- 2 toilets, one of which is barrier-free and has a baby-changing table
- 2 wheelchair spaces
- Automatic air conditioning
- Power outlets for each row of seats
- Modern, real-time passenger information system on displays
- Free WiFi
- Siemens ETCS train protection system trainguard 100/200/300 OBU
- Onboard Railnet portal